The Panhellenic Pedagogical Society for Secondary Education (PAPEDE) is a non-profit corporation, having as its main goals the promotion, development and application of the pedagogical science and the cognitive domains of learning in secondary education.
Among others, the Society has the following activities:
- the accomplishment of congresses, day conferences and seminars,
- the creation of pedagogical groups according to teacher specialization,
- the edition of the scientific-electronic magazine ERKYNA.
1. The congresses, day conferences and seminars usually take place in cooperation with university departments, institutional educational bodies and other scientific unions.
2. The pedagogical groups are meeting points for teachers having the same specialization, intending to develop “learning environments”, which favor the collaboration of their members through experience exchange and creation of a new kind of knowledge. The main goal of these meetings is to cover the real needs of modern teachers.
3. ERKYNA is a free access electronic-scientific magazine. Its aim is to contribute to the development of a scientific dialogue and the expansion of scientific knowledge which is mainly produced in Greek secondary education.
The above magazine posts original articles or papers which promote:
- the association of research with educational practice,
- the overview of important educational subjects and
- proposals for good educational practices.
For functional reasons, the papers are classified in ten (10) thematic fields. This classification is related to the subject matter specialities of secondary school teachers. Moreover, these papers, besides their publication in the relative issue, are also posted on the corresponding subject field under the page “Articles” (in Greek “Άρθρα”), so that the reader can easily find what mostly interests him.
In order to assess the papers, the method of the “blind” process of assessment with at least two evaluators is used. The evaluators’ body (more than 300) has been determined according to the classification of the above subject fields.